- 1984: Opening of the Centre spécialisé en technologie minérale.
- 1988: The Centre, already specialized in the mineral industry, adds a Research and Development department for the plastics sector.
- 1993: The Ministère de l’Enseignement supérieur et de la Science recognizes the Centre’s expertise by granting a complementary plastics sector.
- 1996: The Centre spécialisé en technologie minérale officially becomes the Centre de technologie minérale et de plasturgie (CTMP), and is constituted as a non-profit organization (NPO).
- 2010-2013: Major project to improve the CTMP’s research infrastructure is undertaken: expansion of existing facilities and installation of new laboratories.
- 2012: NSERC Industrial research chair recipient for advanced materials.
- Since its inception, the CTMP has been located within the Cégep de Thetford. In addition to sharing facilities and equipment, the Centre benefits from the collaboration of Cégep staff, particularly its teachers, strengthening its research team and contributing to the consolidation of the Centre’s areas of expertise.
The CTMP has established itself as a leader in the mineral and plastics industries by combining knowledge, technical skills and technological know-how. The expertise developed over the years by the CTMP, accompanied by scientific rigour, is now recognized by its clients and partners alike.
The CTMP is a non-profit organization (NPO) whose mission is to support Quebec companies and organizations in the mineral and plastics sectors.
The Centre carries out applied research, technical assistance, training and informative activities for both sectors of activity. The CTMP contributes to the development and implementation of innovative technological projects, the transfer and implementation of new technologies as well as to their publication.
Since its inception, the CTMP has continued to develop and adjust to the everchanging market as well as the needs of its customers. Today, it is a research center whose reputation is second to none and whose expertise is recognized by its clients and partners alike.
Here are the values that motivate the actions and guide the decisions of the CTMP:
INNOVATION AND CREATIVITY
To be competitive, organizations need to innovate. They need new ideas and flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of their customers as well as society. The CTMP encourages its staff to be creative and open to innovation.
RESPECT FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AND HUMAN HEALTH (RECOGNITION AND EQUITY)
The CTMP is thoughtful of its actions, and ensures the compliance with standards that protect the environment and human health. Thanks to its employees, the CTMP has been able to expand while staying committed to its values of honesty, fairness and loyalty.
Competence, Professionalism and Ethical Behaviour
Scientific rigour is the team’s fundamental commitment to the Centre and its mission. The staff acts with professionalism and due diligence with respect to confidentiality and the rules of good governance.
Our team is our greatest asset. Close collaboration is crucial within our team as well as with our clients. We also foster a collaborative atmosphere through our numerous partnerships with other organizations.